Saturday, April 2, 2011

Another Year

So I am reflecting on the past year. Last year at this time I had given my notice at Funk Farms, Kat had moved in with my parents so she could pass 8th grade. Tori was frantically trying to graduate (like she needed to worry), and Sammee was trying to decide where to do summer theatre. Also, my gramma, Shorty, passed away 2 weeks after my birthday. This year, I love my job (even though it will end in a couple of months), Tori is putting down deposits on colleges for tuition, Kat is at home and doing much better in high school, and I'm not sure what Sammee's plans are for the summer. But, I am financially secure (for the most part).

So where is this going? I'm really not sure. I just kind of got reflective tonight. I realized that after my job on the construction site is over, I will never find a job in Pocatello that will pay me what I am making right now. I don't know what will happen this summer, but I know God knows what's up.

And, speaking of God, our church, good ole FBCPoky, might actually have a new Senior Pastor soon. We have a pastor coming this week to candidate. He will preach tomorrow and April 10. After over a year of transition, some change will be nice. I will be in Boise next weekend, so I won't know the outcome of the congregational vote until I get home, but it looks good. Lots of excitement right now.

So, I become another year older, my life continues to move forward, and so do the lives of everyone around me. The past 12 months were a huge step forward for me. I still love my life, my job, my girls, my family, and my friends. I wonder what will happen in the next 12 months?

2 comments:

  1. hi andrea..it's me Joetta(how's That for a blast from your past??) just wanted you to know i've taken a gander at this blog you got here. My hat is off to you for gettin' it outta your head and out into cyberspace. blogging is therapeutic, ain't it? (also fun to read) keep it up, woman! you are doing a FINE job

    :o]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Joetta! Thanks for checking me out! Not really looking for affirmation (okay yes I am), but thanks for the positive feedback. Yes, I'm 3 months behind replying, but when you work 50+ hours a week time just flies by. Good to hear from you, and I hope my family is entertaining. We try.

    ReplyDelete