Sunday, November 25, 2012

Quick Update

I'm going to try to finish this post before I go to work. It may happen, and it might not.

The Wortham girls had a great Thanksgiving week on all ends of the country, and in between! On the East Coast, Sammee worked on Thanksgiving morning. The coffee shop is right off the parade route, so they were super busy until the parade started, and completely dead during the parade. Sam loved the whole day! After Sammee and Derek got off work, they went home and had dinner with Katelyn and Shasta. Then they went out for Karaoke with another friend, Erick! I am very grateful for all of the friends they already have in the city, and the new ones they are making! The stage managing job Sam initially turned down she was able to take after all! So she is working full time at Le Poin (or however you spell it), doing a little bit of manager training there, and running light board for one show and stage managing another show. No wonder she was bored after the hurricane when she was stuck at home for 2 days!

Tori flew to LA on Wednesday to spend Thanksgiving with my sister, Jenn, my niece Ava, and James, Jenn's other half. Much fun was had by all, and I think mostly by Ava. Instead of Black Friday shopping, they went to Disneyland for the day. And yesterday, they met our friend Jessica for lunch and a little beach time. She heads back to Portland today and will meet Kirk at the airport. I am so grateful to have friends and relatives who make sure that my girls aren't lonely for holidays when they can't make it home. What a blessed family I belong to!

We did Thanksgiving here on Tuesday, my day off, since mom and dad went to an Antique show in the Boise area on Thursday. My plan to spend all day Thursday in my jammies was thwarted when Kat's best friend's family invited us over. Games, laughter, and lots of food! All in all, a very good holiday weekend.

Here is my wish for a safe and happy holiday season to all of my friends and family! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment