Friday, April 15, 2011

More Tidbits

So the past couple of weeks have been pretty much non-eventful. Work, bowling on Saturdays, chasing kids, balancing the checkbook. Last weekend Kat and I went to Boise for State bowling. Her 4 person team took 3rd (WOOT!), and she bowled very well in doubles and singles. It was kind of bittersweet though. Up until about last year the annual trip to Boise was a family affair. This year it was only me and Kat. It was nice to have time alone with her, but it reminded me that my girls are growing up and becoming independent adults. No matter how many times I remind myself of this, they are still my little girls.

On another note, Tori, Kat and I went to see Sammee in yet another play tonight. Are you ready? "Cannibal the Musical." Written by Trey Parker (South Park), it is the irreverent, probably totally false, story of Alfred Parker, the first person ever convicted of cannibalism. If you don't know the story, he and 4 colleagues left Utah to go to Breckenridge, CO to search for gold. Packer was the only one who made it out of the Rocky Mountains. He is pretty infamous in Colorado. The U of C in Boulder has Alfred Packer day every year. A celebration of this person who ate his colleagues (ew) to survive the Colorado mountains through the winter. I just love it when local theatre is willing to perform something that could (will) offend some people. In this case, there are Mormon jokes throughout the play. It is also supposed to be badly acted, sung, and danced. It was cheesy, blasphemous, and kind of gory. They even had a "splatter zone," complete with rain ponchos to protect clothing. The funny thing is, by the time the girls and I entered the theatre, the splatter zone was full. All in all, a fun evening, and the actors did a wonderful job and really enjoyed themselves. Makes me want to fly to NYC and see "The Book of Mormon, the Musical" on Broadway. Also written by Trey Parker. I love unusual theatre.

So that's about it for now. Updates on Tori's college application process as they occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment