Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Month, New Job

The month of April has brought several new beginnings. My birthday was on Friday, I had a family party on Sunday, and started my new job yesterday. And, it is finally acting like spring outside.

My birthday on Friday was rather uneventful. I worked, took kids to rehearsal and sleepovers, then watched a movie, relaxed, and went to bed early. I had to work on Saturday, so the family birthday party had to be on Sunday. We had ribs and cheesecake, then presents. I got tickets to Jeff Dunham later this month, the entire first season of ER, and some cool bright red sneakers with Mickey Mouse on them. Good birthday!

Yesterday I started my new job. I am the payroll processor for Funk Farms in American Falls. The drive isn't bad, and the people are really nice. I have even been asked for networking advice, and called the "network administrator." Not bad for a first day. I was also told to set up my payroll processes the way I am comfortable with. I am excited for where this job will lead, and exited to do new things.

Easter this weekend, I get 2 vacation days at the end of next week, then full time at the farm (that just sounds so funny!). Yep, life is good.

1 comment:

  1. that's great! I'm sure having a job like that is so comforting for you. And isn't that great that they are looking to you for some advice beyond the scope of the job they hired you for? Sometimes it's better to have a job that's too easy and be looked up to for advice than having a job you have to grow into and ask for advice constantly. Could pay off in unexpected ways.

    Marja

    ReplyDelete