Friday, March 27, 2009

Job Hunt Over!!!

So I got some good news on Thursday. I was given an offer for the job I interviewed for on Monday. I will be working for the temp agency for 90 days, then will go permanent. The pay will be enough for me to survive, and I am no longer worried about the commute. My only concern right now is how the girls will react to this new job. I will no longer be available to pop out of work and run them here, take the paper they forgot to grab, etc. And, my mom won't do that either.

So a little bit about the new job. I will be the bookkeeper for a large farm in American Falls, which is a small town about 25 miles from Pocatello. I will be in charge of payroll, including all of the reports that need to be done. I will also process financial statements and budget reports. I am not sure if I will be doing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, but I can do it if needed.

Now, for those of you who are wondering why I am settling for something outside of my field. First of all, I needed a job!!! Second, the people who interviewed me were very interested in my computer skills. I will be able to utilize my skills in that area on occasion. And, you never know where it will lead.

So I have done the happy dance, figured the income level, getting ready to figure out the new and improved budget, and start saving. I set up direct deposit at the temp agency. Since I will be working in American Falls, I will not have time to pick up my checks on Fridays, so I set it up to make sure my paychecks are taken care of. Now all I have to do is get teh car serviced before I start the daily commute. All this one week before my birthday. WOO HOO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment