Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What has God said to you lately?

So on Monday, I talked about how I am okay with my job hunt, and I am confident that God will provide what the girls and I need for now until He shows me what job He wants me at and when. The main reason I am okay with the job hunt and the child support going away, and the cut in hours at the temp job down to part time is that I am still tithing faithfully each week. Granted, my tithe has gotten significantly smaller, but that's because my income has gotten significantly smaller, but I am still giving my full 10%. Sometimes I wonder why I still give since it is so small. My little bit of money can't help the church. But, God says to give the first 10% of all you get, and you will be blessed. Where your treasure is, that's where your heart is.

Now, that's why I still tithe, and why I am not worried about money right now (ask me again about worry next week). However, I am having time management issues. I just feel that I am always going, dropping a kid off here, picking one up there, etc. Last Saturday between 10 and 3, I spent 4 hours in the car dropping off and picking up. That's ridiculous!!!!!!! I just couldn't figure out why I feel like I need to add another few hours to each day, and maybe another day to the week

So I was in the car yesterday (so what else is new), going to pick up a kid (again, what else is new) thinking about why I am okay with my money situation and not with my time. Then it just popped into my head, "Where your treasure is, there is your heart." Then I revised it to "Where your time is, there is your heart." OUCH!!!! Sometimes God speaks very clearly. Now, I am not a complete slacker. I give a lot of time to God at church. I'm treasurer, I volunteer almost every Sunday. I am considered to be "very active in my church." That's not the time issue. It's one that I have struggled with my whole life. Quiet time. I get it now. So, I am going to start up quiet time again. This time, I will keep it up. I hope. Keep praying for me about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment