Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I had a job interview yesterday. It was for a bookkeeping position for a large farm in American Falls. If you aren't from Pocatello, American Falls is a small town about 25 miles from Pocatello. I think it went well, but who knows. I talked to my staffing consultant this morning, and she had good feedback from the employer. I won't know anything for a few days.

Now, let me go back to this weekend. I was in total gloom and doom mode over this job. I was convinced that it would be a sucky (is that even a word?) job, with bad pay, and extra mileage on my car. I didn't want this job, I didn't want to interview, blah, blah, blah. I was very whiny about the whole thing.

I am now okay with the whole commute, extra gas expense, etc. I realized that it's the opportunity for a permanent, full time job, with benefits! How long have I been trying to get a permanent job? Why am I being so picky? I am not "all that and a bag of chips." I am just a human being trying to be a productive member of society. I am also not waiting for the perfect IT job. I'm going for the job that is here, now, and available to me. I will not thumb my nose at a job because I think I am above it. I will do all that I can to to provide for my kids, and right now I am the only one who can do that.

So I will wait patiently for this employer to make their decision. If they make me an offer, great! If not, there is another job out there somewhere that is the perfect fit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment