Friday, March 19, 2010

I Promise to Actually Post This One

Well, Spring Break is here. And, after much snarling and gnashing of teeth, the children are starting off on their one week adventures. Sammee drove to Boise tonight to catch her flight to NYC tomorrow morning. Finally! this past week she was changing her mind about going daily, if not hourly. She is going alone. Yes, I know, the most overprotective mom in the world is letting her baby go to the Big Apple alone? First of all, she has friends in NY to hang out with. Second, I have given her so many safety tips that it is now a running joke with us. Hopefully she follows them. The best one is to act crazy then people will leave her alone. Hey, it works. Have you ever stopped to talk to a crazy person?

Tori leaves at o'dark thirty (literally) on Monday to go to LA on Choir Tour. She went to LA last year with Student Ministries to DCLA, a national conference. She is really looking forward to it. The choir even gets to sit through a choir practice at USC.

Kat will be home all week while I work. Poor kid. And, to make matters worse, all of the kids she hangs out with left today for the American Heritage tour. I think she will be fine. My mom will help keep her occupied. Grammas are good for that.

Meanwhile back at the ranch (or farm), Tori graduates in only 2 months. I am really starting to feel old. Kat starts high school in August, and in 4 short years she will be grown too. I guess I better start planning on what to do with the extra bedrooms now. I only have 4 years to get it done.

Other than that, just doing the work thing, the kid thing, the ministry thing. On the church front, we (hopefully) should have an interim pastor right after Easter, and the Search Team should be formed on Sunday. Now starts the long process of searching for a new senior pastor. So, at 12-18 months for the whole process, we will hopefully have a new Senior Pastor somewhere between April and October, 2011.

So, that's life for now. I will check back in after the girls get back from the coasts to relate their experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment