Sunday, May 22, 2011

Someday I Will Blog More Often

So here we are, almost the end of May. Kat only has one full week of school left. I am hoping that she will pass all of her classes. She has had a very rough freshman year. And I think the fact that I have been working an average of 50 hours a week doesn't help. I am a very tired mom. Plus, Tori and Sammee will be moving out of their apartment this weekend. No relaxing 3 day holiday weekend for me.

On another note, right now I am not sure how much longer I will be working. The project is almost finished and should be completely done by the end of June. But, we are waiting to hear on two bids on other areas of the plant. If we are awarded the bids, it could be another 6 months I think. But there will be even more change. Kat wants to transfer to Century High School from Pocatello High School next year. We are signing her up for Driver's Ed next week. That's right, folks, if you live in Poky, stay off the sidewalks this summer. My kid will be driving. Sammee will be starting her senior year of college, and will turn 21 in July. And the biggest change is that Tori will move to Portland, OR to attend college. Very proud of her perseverance in getting into her dream college, but the Mommy heart strings get pulled whenever I think about her being so far away. I think that I will treasure the lunches, shopping trips, and meetings for coffee just to chat, because that will end for a time very soon. I will stop now, because I am getting verklempt.

But, before all of the change in the fall, Tori, Kat and I will take a long weekend trip to Kansas City in August. I know, why the heck would anyone voluntarily go to the Midwest in August? No, it's not some sort of weird sweating diet. The former Department head of the Theatre Department of my college will be in town for some reason, and we have scheduled a mini reunion. I haven't seen these people in over 20 years, and am so excited to go! Right now I don't have money for plane tickets, but I still have 3 months until we fly. I can save it up!

So, I will try to post more often, as long as I have time. I think you all will know when I am unemployed because I will suddenly have time to post more often.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thank you for the morning smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, DMA. And thanks for not editing my blog. :-). and you always make me smile. I'm proud to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete