Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Week Started Bad. Can It Get Better?

So I mentioned this lawsuit that my ex has thrown at me. Went to Health and Welfare today to see what Child Support could do. In a word.....nothing. Valid lawsuit. I now have 3 choices.

1. Sit back, do nothing, and see what happens.
2. File a response on my own at the courthouse.
3. Hire a lawyer and try to fight it.

Right now, the one choice that I can afford is #1. But, not an option. I will not sit back and not let my side of the story be told. I really don't care about the money. I just don't want it to appear that I was some money grubbing witch (with a capital B) who didn't care about anyone but me. For those who know me, that's laughable. For those who don't, I tend to think of everyone else before myself. It is actually a character flaw of mine. I will get in a tizzy and overwhelmed trying to do for others, especially my kids and other family. That is where I am right now.

So, if you are so inclined, pray for me to be calm, to think clearly, and to make the right decisions regarding this wonderful lawsuit. And everything else in my life.

Beyond that, I still love my job, and Kat is done with school tomorrow. Until she starts Driver's Ed on Monday. Fair warning my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment