Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Few Rantings

When people ask about me, mostly (I hope) they say that I am a people person, work well with others, and enjoy being around people. I'm nice, personable, blah, blah, blah. Well, that is a well acted facade. People really annoy me. I try very hard to not let people annoy me, but as our society changes, people have become selfish, inconsiderate, boobs! I try to be considerate, polite, etc., but apparently, no one else is. Hence, today's rant. I'm thinking I will feel a little better about humanity in general if I get this off my chest.

My first area of contention is drivers. I am so tired of aggressive drivers!!! I don't know if it is because I am a very safe driver, or if I am just too polite, but if one more person tailgates me, I'm going to slam on my brakes!! And I'm serious! You are not going to get me to speed up so you can get where you are going faster by riding my heiney! You will just piss me off! And, if I haven't zipped through the light the second it turns green, don't honk!! I will not move faster! And, while I am ranting, GET OFF THE PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD!!!!!!! I, for the most part, do not talk on my cell phone while I am driving. In fact, if you call me and I am in the car, one of my girls will answer and take a message. And, if I'm in the car alone, the conversation will be short. I can't tell you how many close calls I have had with another car because the driver was talking on the phone and not paying attention to what was going on around them. I think the only reason that I have not been in an accident is because I am a defensive driver, and am always watching the drivers around me.

While I am on the subject of cell phones (well, sort of), if you are at a store and go up to the cashier, get off the phone and complete your transaction. How would you feel if you were talking to someone, but they were on the phone and only paying a small amount of attention to you. This pet peeve of mine is just simple politeness and etiquette. I can't say that I am always considerate in this area, but I try. And, I am more than willing to hang up and finish the conversation another time and give the cashier my undivided attention.

Okay, I think I'm done. If I have offended or upset anyone, I'm sorry. I have just kind of had it with the inconsideration of the general population. I think I am done griping and complaining about stuff. At least for now. Drive safely, hang up the phone, and wear your seat belts.

No comments:

Post a Comment