Monday, April 12, 2010

New Beginnings

While dinner is in the oven, I thought I would catch up on stuff.

First stuff: I quit my job on the farm. I really need to be in Pocatello for the girls. I will stay until my replacement is trained. She starts tomorrow. No, I don't have a job in Poky yet. God hit me over the head with a 2 x 4 and realized that my family was falling apart with me 30 miles away. So, I gave my notice, and only work until 3 pm so I am home when the girls get home. That also gives me time to job hunt, drop off resumes, and go to interviews.

Hm, interviews. I have had one so far. I have applied for 3 other jobs here in town. Right now there are lots of part time jobs, but not very many full time. However, I am persistant almost to the point of being annoying when it comes to taking care of my kids. I will get a job, or two, and it will all be good.

Am I scared about the money? Heck yes! Right now I have to make my tight to the penny budget work on $ 500 less per month. And, if my replacement works out, $2,000 less per month. I will do whatever it takes to get by, but in the mean time I have to be proactive to survive.

So, keep on praying. Pray that my replacement works out. Pray that God leads me to the right job(s). Pray that I can get through this transition period without overdrafting. Pray that the girls are supportive of me during this time. Just pray.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea! I am there with you all the way. You are doing the right thing - family is first and foremost. God will provide as he always has! Keep up the faith - it will see you through anything!

    Maybe they can use some help at ON?

    PITA

    ReplyDelete