Monday, August 1, 2011

Court Update

So my hearing was today at 10:00 am. First of all, my ex's attorney was almost an hour late because he was at a hearing at Juvenile court. People watching becomes a whole new sport at the court house in front of the court rooms. The attorney finally shows up, after some nice conversations with my mom and Kathy Nelson, a good friend and Children's Ministry Director at my church. They were my moral support.

The hearing was pretty short. I didn't understand that it was only held to schedule a trial date. Yes, a trial. Now I have to gather evidence, witnesses, create a defense. What am I, on Law & Order? I only have one defense right now, and I have to find documented proof of this defense. But, I have 2 months to find it.

I was fretting about him coming to town for today's hearing? I'm thinking that he will definitely come to town for the trial. And I'm not looking forward to that. But, I am a strong woman, and I will win this thing!

So I must log off for now. I have to surf the World Wide Web for this one piece of evidence. Now you are updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment