Saturday, November 3, 2012

All The News That's Fit To Blog!

Quite the exciting week for the Worthams!

Sammee survived her first ever hurricane! And, her neighborhood didn't get hit too hard. She never lost power, nothing flooded, and she just lost some shingles on her roof. She got 2 days off from both jobs, and it drove her nuts! She was finally able to get into Manhattan on Wednesday, and the play she is stage managing opened on time on Thursday. And had an actual audience! She and her friends, Derek and Katelyn, ventured out on Tuesday to view the destruction. The subways are still down due to the storm, but the bus systems are up and running. So, as usual, she treated this as an adventure. I am not sure how long her show runs, but she has another opportunity for a stage managing job in January. Thanks, Craig!

Tori is plugging along at school. She is on the job hunt right now, and in 3 weeks she will go to LA to spend Thanksgiving with my sister, Jenn. Her paintings are more beautiful than ever! Last weekend she got to visit with my parents, who were in town for an Antique show. Plus Homecoming activities. At least she is not bored. And my computer nerd is rubbing off on her. She got her own internet and set up the modem and got connected all by herself! And this week she is hosting an Operation Christmas Child box building party on campus!

And, for once, a little news about me. It is annual review time at work. This week I present myself to the head of the center and some other leaders. Now, I don't have a problem with public speaking, but this presentation can be a little nerve wracking. My raise is on the line. My job is secure, but I would love a raise!

Well, this is short, but newsy. More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment