Saturday, November 10, 2012

Whoops!

Believe it or not, I just realized that it is Saturday, and I need to blog.

In New York, the Subways are up and running, and Sammee was finally able to get into Manhattan to go to work at the coffee shop. Oh, and Derek got a job as a cook there also. Her show closes next weekend, and she already has another theatre job. She will be running the light board for a show through December. Also a paying gig. She finally got her comforter that I sent her right before Sandy hit. And, Sammee, Derek, and Katelyn now have their own apartment. Also in Brooklyn, but a different area. They will move in next month. When she gives me the address, I will have it for anyone who wants to send her a card or care package. She is making new friends and making new connections. Still living the good life in NYC.

The commercial Tori shot for Marylhurst started airing this week. And it is on YouTube. She got yet another job tutoring a 15 year old boy, and so far loves it! On Thursday she had her Operation Christmas Child box filling event. Only 3 people showed up, but it sounds like they were very enthusiastic! She has finished 3 paintings in her painting class, and they are awesome!

On Thursday I had to do a presentation about myself in front of the top brass of the center. I called it the "I Don't Wanna" presentation. I am really good in job interviews and one on one employee reviews, but bragging on myself in front of a group of people makes me uncomfortable. Well, it went very well. And, I have been given some opportunities at work that could lead to a promotion.

And, Mom and Dad had a good visit with Jenn, James, and Ava in LA and made it home just before the snow showed up. All in all, a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment