Sunday, November 18, 2012

Slacker!

So, after much prodding from Sammee, I am finally posting for the week. Happy now, kiddo?

Last week in NYC, Sammee got the chance to be hostess at the coffee shop she works at. Yesterday she got her schedule for this week, and she is hostessing 2 days! They were considering making her a hostess full time, but they don't want to lose their best barista! The show she is stage managing closed last night, so it's time to move on. Next week she starts her next job. Running the light board for a show. She even had to turn down a stage managing job because it conflicted with the light board operator gig. This week she will have her first Thanksgiving away from home. Luckily she has lots of friends to spend the holiday with. Watch for her on TV on Thursday. I'm sure she will be downtown for the Parade. Next month Sammee, Derek, and Katelyn will be moving into their new apartment. They are still in Brooklyn, but actually closer to Manhattan. If anyone wants her address, let me know. She would love letters, cards, money (just kidding), care packages,

On the other end of the country, Tori is cruising right along. She is still tutoring, still working at the bookstore on campus, and still doing Student Government stuff. She leaves on Wednesday for Los Angeles for Thanksgiving with my sister. And in only 3 weeks, she will be home for Christmas break! She is making and selling her crocheted wares like hotcakes! She will custom make just about anything! check her out on Face Book at Jamaican Me Crochet! I will have more news on Tori when she comes back from Los Angeles.

Here at home, Kat is plugging along with school, and submitting job applications left and right. We are getting ready for Thanksgiving. This year we are having the big dinner on Tuesday. I am off on Tuesday, and mom and dad are going to Nampa, ID for an antique show during the weekend. We tried the whole "rush through dinner so mom and dad can leave by noon" thing, and it was not fun. So Thursday Kat and I will have the day to ourselves. And I plan on lounging, and maybe not getting out of my jammies all day! Work has been full of changes over the past week. I had a presentation a little over a week ago in front of top management. My former transition manager suggested that since I am so good at billing, I need to start developing training sessions on billing issues. I did my first training at our team meeting last Monday, and am now the official billing trainer for another team. This is probably the best way for me to get started on becoming a trainer here.

So for my blog stalkers, near and far, here you go! Another update on the Wortham girls. Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment