Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Miscellaneous Ramblings

Kat is at camp this week. I really do miss her. I know that she is having a great time, but the house is too quiet. Tori is (of course) hanging out with her friends. She did do some laundry today to pack for camp. Sometimes I wish I had time to do laundry. I'm just glad that my girls have learned to do their own laundry. I just have to fight my way to the washer.

By the way, I am loving my new job. I fit in, personality wise, and am picking up on the routine and procedures quickly. The best thing I have heard is one of the ladies that works at the temp agency told me that she met one of the guys that works for another company that is associated with the farm I work at. He raved about the great job I was doing. I was convinced that he didn't even remember my name. That makes me feel like I am really doing the job I was hired to do.

Don't get me wrong. I still want to combine my IT degree and my Theatre Management degree. I would LOVE to work in professional theatre as a geek. And a House Manager. Or a Box Office Manager. Or any type of manager. I manage. It's what I do. Of course, I am amazed that I am organized when I manage, but my life is so disorganized that I can't keep my children's schedules straight, much less coordinate them. Maybe it's the difference between work and personal life. I don't know.

Someday, I keep telling myself, I will do my dream job. Not sure if that is IT director for a professional theatre, or for a church. Either one works for me. But, until that happens, I love whatever job I am doing. The main thing is the people. I love the people I work with, and I will always cherish the memories I will get from this job. Did I ever mention that I am learning about the world of farming? Grew up in Idaho, lived in farm land for 22 ish years, never learned much about farming and the complexities. Who knew?

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had some non mom time. I think it is so important to recharge your batteries so that you are fresh and ready for the girls - the loves of your life!

    The theatre - very cool for you. Whatever your involvement, you will do well.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it when people are happy doing whatever they're doing. you're awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam, The way I have always looked at life is that you must find the good, positive sides of whatever you are doing if you want to be truly happy with what you are doing, even if it is not your "dream job." But, isn't that what God tells us, "In all things give thanks." I am so thankful to have a job in this economy where so many are losing theirs.

    ReplyDelete