Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What a week!!!

I know, it's only Wednesday, but my week has already been full of excitement. Remember a few posts ago when I said I felt boring? God has been showing me just how unboring I really am.

On Saturday Mom and I drove to Ketchum and back to pick up Kat from church camp and drop off Tori at the same camp. For those of you outside the great state of Idaho, Ketchum, also known as Sun Valley, is about a 4 hour drive from Pocatello, where I live. So we had an 8 hour drive on Saturday. It was actually a fun drive. My family has a lot of fun on car rides. My mom was counting the dead skunks as we went along, and Tori was tweeting the count. I think we were at 8 or 9 by the time we hit camp. Then, of course, Kat talked our ears off about camp the whole drive back.

Sunday I did multi media at church. Plus we had baptisms, and I help the people who light the candles for the person being baptized. If you would like more info on this tradition, just comment and I will explain further. Plus I had to do treasurer stuff after the second service. So at one point I was up in the sound booth and down in the worship center at the same time. Can you say clone me for multi ministry? After church I just relaxed because I was completely shagged out.

Monday started out normal. Until I got to work. For some reason, everyone needed to be in my office all day. My stack of stuff to do kept growing but I got nothing accomplished. The funny part is that on my drive home (1/2 hour) I remembered a part of Sunday's sermon. Easy to remember, since I heard it twice. Karl was preaching about the movie "Night at the Museum 2" and was talking about his daughter's pet chinchilla running on it's wheel. Then it hit me. I was that dang chinchilla on a wheel at work.

Tuesday started out very bad. I woke up to a dead laptop and a dead guinea pig. Ick. And, I couldn't dispose of the rodent because the 13 year old was spending the night at my mom's, and I have disposed of a dead rodent without the girls' knowledge before. Not pretty. The hysterics are much smaller with discovery than an empty cage. So I left it. Got the magical phone call in the afternoon. Tears for a bit, then over it. She even went to a friend's house and spent the night. And I have to come up with the money to fix the laptop. I would love to just get a new one, but I think it will cost a little less to fix the old one. Then the 19 year old calls saying that her car randomly turns off when she is driving. It is in the shop right now. I am not looking forward to that one either.

Today I had to help coordinate CPR training at work. And at 3pm, I suddenly decided to take the training too. I left work at 6 instead of 5. Can you say tired?

The upside to all of this? I discovered that I am NOT boring. And, God, I am sorry for saying that. I am an interesting person who has a strangely exciting life. No, I don't go on exciting vacations to exotic places, but my life is very interesting. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Here's to loving life, whatever the circumstances!

No comments:

Post a Comment