Sunday, September 11, 2011

APARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has an apartment! *Breathing a heavy sigh of relief!* It is unfurnished, but we will make sure that she can at least have a bed before we leave Portland. Last step in the whole moving process: a job. I will take her job hunting while we are there, even though it will be a short time. It's all falling into place. In the immortal words of my dear friend, Bill McCready, "God is good. The rest are just details." Plus, I have had friends coming out of the woodwork offering to be Aunties and Uncles, getting her a home cooked meal, a ride in an emergency, or just a hug when she misses her mommy.

In other news, I have suddenly become emotional over this move. It hit me today at church. The only reason I can come up with is that it's the 10th anniversary of 9/11, and in general an emotional day. I just started thinking that it was her last Sunday at church here. And then it happened. I teared up. Over and over. I would stop and then start up again. Not a good thing. I know it sounds weird, but I feel like I have to be the strong one. I know, I'm the mom, and it's okay to cry. But, if I cry, everyone will cry. I'm crying just thinking about it. If I keep strong, then Tori will have an easier transition. If I break down, she will. I know that this is what is best for her and her future career, but my baby is moving so far away.

So enough of the boo-hoo mommy stuff. She is grown and she will come home to visit. She can fend for herself and, guess what? I did it. Moved 1000 miles away from my family. Went to college in Missouri. Then moved to Denver. Yes, I ended up back in Pocatello, but I will go elsewhere to pursue my career in a few years. After Kat graduates. But, that will be a different crying post.

I will keep you posted on our travels this week. Pray for safe travels, and a smooth transition for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment