Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Week That Was

I had a long week. Got home Sunday night around 6:30. Then worked 50 hours this week. It was a rough week. Tori was my backup transportation for Kat whenever Mom is out of town. Well, Mom is in Texas right now, so I had to find alternate transportation for Kat. That has become a challenge. Luckily, I have a wonderful friend, Bobi, who has stepped up and offered her a ride whenever Mom is gone. But, this week was rough anyway.

Tori is adjusting to Portland just fine. She has toured Oregon City numerous times and found many cute shops. She has found a yarn shop (go figure), and goes to knitting group on Thursday evenings. She also found a hat shop, and is looking at crocheting hats to possibly sell. She has a job interview on Monday at a bar & grill to wait tables. Good luck to her. A job is just what she needs. She also starts classes on Monday. That will make it easier for her to make friends and get connected to people. My friend, Noel, has appointed herself "Auntie Noel" and is taking care of the girl. She brought her some furniture today, and will bring more next weekend. Tori also has a high school friend, Kyle Hamm, who attends the University of Portland, to lean on. She seems very happy and excited about this new adventure in her life. I miss her, but between Facebook and cell phone, it's like she is just down the street.

On Monday, I have a pre-trial hearing for the child support law suit. I think I am ready for this. Hopefully the judge will see my point. But, who knows. So feel free to pray at 10:30 MDT on Monday morning.

I will post an update on Monday. That is all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment