Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Amazing Daughters!

I just got home from seeing Sammee play JoAnne in Rent. This was her last performance in Pocatello. Two weeks from today she begins her newest adventure in NYC. I am excited and yet pensive. My baby is going to the largest city in the US! The Big Apple! The city that never sleeps! The town so nice, they named it twice! She will be about 2,000 miles away from me. I think I can handle this, but this Momma may have a minor meltdown. I did okay when Tori moved to Portland, but she is away at college. Different scenario. Right now she comes home for Christmas and summer. Away at college is totally different from moving away. I don't know how my mom did this when I moved to Denver.

Okay, back to the show. This was one of the most amazing plays I have ever seen in Pocatello! It helped that the 8 main actors had acted together for years. Such a cohesive cast! They played off each other like real friends do. I have watched all of these young adults act together for years and they have never connected the way they did in this show. I love each and every one of these "kids," and hope they get to live their dreams!

One word of advice I received from a good friend for these kids moving to NY. My friend, Jay Duckworth, said that the secret to his success in NYC Theatre was calling his mom every night before he went to bed. Note to Derek, Sammee, Katelyn, and Joey. Call your moms and talk to them. They are your rock, your greatest fan, and your biggest critic. Mom will do anything for you.

So to my kids, take care of yourselves and each other. And make sure you talk to your Mommas at least once a week. I love you all and will always be here to lend an ear.

Until next time.
Love, the Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment