Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Bells Are Ringing!

Sorry this post is so late. I had to wait to talk to Sammee to get the weekly update.

She had a busy week. She was working the barista job, the light board job, and the stage managing job all week. And, she has come down with a cold. Poor baby. Sam, Derek, and Katelyn went downtown yesterday and had a blast. Christmas shopping and ending the day with a musical. After this weekend, Sammee will just be working at the coffee shop for a bit. She is now training new baristas, serving coffee, and hostessing. She won't be home for Christmas, but Mom is sending out her gifts on Monday. And we will Skype on Christmas. It will be weird not having her here, but she is well taken care of and has lots of friends in the City.

Tori has also been busy. She is working 6 days a week at the Popcorn Shop, and is doing a Christmas Variety show this week and next. I'm going to see it next Saturday night. Plus church, her hats, and just general cuteness! Had lunch with her and coffee later tonight. I love spending time with that girl. We put together Mom's Christmas present. I love Christmas! Even though our time together is limited due to our work schedules, I love having her home!

Kat is having a blast bowling for Poky High this year! I have to miss her meets, but it is fun watching her practice. School is still going well. We are preparing for Christmas. Oh, by the way, I hate shopping. I live by the words of the Jeff Dunham character, Walter (and apologies in advance for the profanity). "Git yer shit and get out!" I am not the type to go to the mall and wander for hours looking in every store. That sort of stuff is annoying. Okay, if I am visiting somewhere, I will wander and look around, but at home, just get in and get out. Mom and I are going shopping on Tuesday and I think it may take a half hour tops.

Now, for your viewing pleasure, a picture of Sammee and Derek in Manhattan yesterday. Such native New Yorkers!


No comments:

Post a Comment