Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I'm Late! I Know!

I know, I know, I was supposed to post on Saturday, but I figured I would wait until Christmas. Quite an eventful week for the Wortham girls.

Sammee and Katelyn actually had plans for Christmas Eve. They both worked early in the day, and then went to Christmas Eve services with my friend, Rebecca Pendarvis, then to her house for dinner. Becca's daughter, Brooklyn fell in love with the girls! I think Brooklyn is 9 or 10. She even asked if they could have a sleepover. Then to Midnight Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral. Sammee got her Christmas presents from us yesterday, and Mom got hers yesterday too. She loved all of her gifts! Through the generosity of a friend from church I was able to get her a Wii so she can watch Netflix streaming on her TV. Today they hung out and went to see a movie. Merry Christmas to my little Sammee Cheeks!

Here in good old Idaho, I had to work yesterday until 8 pm, so Christmas was delayed a day. Wandered up to mom and dad's mid morning. Opened presents, hung out, and ate a wonderful dinner, mostly courtesy of the Food Network's website. And, Kat got her Mac & Cheese! Thank you Alton Brown for the recipe. I got some wonderful gifts. A funny wire pig container, maybe for eggs or something. Debating about taking it to work. A pig calendar which is definitely going to work. Coffee and a grinder, a bag of those Hickory Farms mints, some cook books, a Marylhurst coffee mug, and new shoes! Tori got a new French Press coffee pot (hers shattered when she came home from Portland), cook books, and a Crock Pot! Kirk will be eating well next year! Kat got clothes, fuzzy slippers, cook books (do you see a theme here) and a McDonald's gift card! Sammee sent me a NYC hoodie, Tori a pretty cameo choker on a ribbon, and Kat a beautiful music box. You can actually watch it play. A wonderful Christmas was had by all, all over the country.

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I am so blessed to have the most amazing family, and lots of friends! I hope your day was as magical and fun filled as mine was. May you all enter 2013 with happy hearts and prosperity!

No comments:

Post a Comment