Friday, January 9, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

Today is my last day of my temp assignment at ON Semiconductor (formerly AMIS). I am a little sad that I am leaving, although, due to the recent changes that have happened, I am not so crushed that I did not get hired permanently. I will really miss the people I have created relationships with here. I have email addresses and phone numbers, and have left my contact information, so we can still stay connected. Plus, I can still get all of those goofy jokes from Teresa.

I start my new assignment on Monday. Here is the part where God has a sense of humor. Before going to school in 2006, I worked for an accounting firm for over 9 years. So, for the past 2 1/2 years I have been adamant that I would never do anything regarding accounting. His first joke on me, of course, is that I have been the treasurer at First Baptist Church since July. Don't get me wrong. I love this particular ministry, and I am good at what I do. I wanted to do IT, and I thought that if I got back into accounting, I would stick there, because it is not unenjoyable, but not my dream job. So, here is God's second practical joke on me. Monday, I start my new assignment at.....drum roll please.....Jackson Hewitt. If you aren't familiar with the name, they are number 2 in the nation, behind H & R Block. Yes, I will be preparing tax returns for the next 3 1/2 months. To be honest, I have kind of missed the thrill of tax season. The adrenaline rush in the last 2 weeks. I know, I'm weird. At least I admit it fully.

So I will check in on Monday and update my enthusiasm on this new venture.

I promised that the last blog would be the only depressing one. And I try to keep my promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment