Saturday, January 24, 2009

Something new

So I am finishing up my second week at Jackson Hewitt. We actually had some clients come at the end of the week. I am feeling more confident now. I think it's because people are finally noticing us. Out of the 4 clients who have come in, three are former Jackson Hewitt customers from other states. I am starting to think that we will actually have the opportunity to do some work.

On the other end, I am still in a state over the no child support thing. Trying to cut $400 per month from your budget when you are on shoestrings is no easy task. Right now I am trying to decide which utility to turn off. I know that is kind of silly, but it's either that or food right now. That is where my money is going right now. Bills, groceries, gas for the car. A little bit here and there for videos, etc., but that's only about $20 a month. I have cut out all eating out for me. Cup O' Noodles and sandwiches all the way. I am even taking steps to not have to pay $2 per day for coffee and iced tea. I figure whatever works and saves a couple of bucks a week. I am not taking a defeatist attitude on this, not even trying to make ends meet, just trying to get the ends a little closer together.

I did look into a part time job to supplement, but with the hours I am working at the FT job, there is no time to work a second job. I could sell Tupperware or something, but that takes a bit of money up front, and, guess what? I don't have it. I think that once I get a permenant job, I will surely appreciate it more, and hold on tight to all money that I get ahold of. I'm already pretty frugal, have been my whole life. I just can't cut back any more.

Sometimes I wonder why God has put me in this situation again and again. I know He is not punishing me or anything. I just wish sometimes that I could have a job where I am not worried about money or bills, or paying off things. I know that someday I will be in that position, but right now, to be blunt, it sucks. I am just being faithful and waiting patiently (sort of) for God's timing. That is one of my character flaws. I am not patient when I am waiting on God's timing. I know, that He only makes me wait longer because of that, but that's me and how I roll.

In the mean time, I will keep a positive attitude, keep telling the girls "No," and try my hardest to not become Gloom and Doom girl. Client just walked in. Time to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment