Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Interesting Week

So my job is going okay. Our signs were put up last Friday, and direct mail advertising goes out this week. Hopefully people will see us and come in. I am ready to do some taxes.

My week also had some roller-coaster sized ups and downs. In November I had interviewed for an IT job at the FBI. I hadn't heard from them since then, so I thought I hadn't been chosen for the position. On Tuesday, I received a phone call from Washington D.C. (I know!), asking me why I never responded to the conditional offer made to me on December 23. I didn't know that I had a conditional offer. That night I checked my Outlook mail, and it had been sent to my Junk Mail. So I emailed them back, begging for a chance to go through the background check. Now all I have to do is fill out about 10 pages of information about me dating back up to 20 years ago. Oh, man! Then the 3 month background check, they talk to everyone I've ever met, yada, yada, yada, and I might have a job later in the year.

That was the up end of the roller coaster. The down side came on Thursday. I got an email from my ex-husband telling me that he lost his job. So that means that my child support stops until he finds another one. Now I have to rebudget without that large chunk of money. And that chunk of money is one week's pay for me. That was the down side.

So tonight I get to go to Kat's 7th grade band concert. I am actually really excited for it. She loves playing the flute and is pretty good. She would be really good if she actually practiced.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, SOunds like all is well so far. Hopefully you will get some people in soon. now that the Inaguaration is over people will probably come back to reality and work on taxes.

    WOW - IT with the FBI?? Would you have to move to DC? That is soooo cool. Have fun with the background information. I did a couple of those many years back - like we can remember what happened then! You can use me as a reference if you'd like. Of course, you realize it is ironic that you are applying for an IT job but that you did not know that the offer was in your junk mail......

    Good luck with your job and all. I know that you will have all the money you need to survive and keep the girls well. It is good to forgive.

    PITA1

    ReplyDelete