Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New week, new job

So I am sitting in the office of my new job. It's my third day and we are still slow. We might pick up some customers when we actually get a sign. I am enjoying my new job. I finished my training today, so now I wait.


I don't have the angst I had last week. It's a pretty laid back operation. The owner will be here a couple days a week, and other than that, it's just me and the other guy. We will be working in shifts with some overlap time. I will have to work some Saturdays, and I hope the girls will understand and deal with it. Kat is worried that I will never come watch her bowl until after tax season. I assured her that that is not the case. I will be there every other Saturday.

I got an interesting email this morning, and from someone that I hardly expected to hear from. My ex-husband got laid off from his job last week. He was actually worried about the child support for the girls. Needless to say, I am also worried, but am willing to let it go for now. That actually amazes me. I guess that means that I have forgiven him for the wrongs he has done in the past, and for all the pain he caused me oh so many years ago. I have no ill feelings towards him anymore. I am actually more concerned about him getting another job so he can support his family in Colorado. It makes me more determined to find a permanent job though. I no longer can depend on that small amount of income regularly. I haven't told the girls yet. I will try to make sure that they understand that it was not his fault, and they shouldn't be mad at him. So I guess the crappy economy can hit us from all sides. Dang.

But, regardless of the financial tailspin the lack of child support might put me in temporarily, I still have no angst this week. Maybe it's because I know that God won't let me or the girls go hungry as long as I manage His money right. Everything will be okay. Wow, me miss pessimist just said everything will be okay. Maybe I am changing.

I will probably be posting a lot for the next few weeks. I am working 12-8 for the next 3 weeks, and if business is slow, I will blog. So I guess that's it for now. I am going to find something to keep me occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment