Sunday, October 9, 2011

Quick Update

So there have been a couple of new things that happened since the trial on Wednesday. One thing I forgot to mention is that it was stated in the petition that if I fought the lawsuit I would have to pay all attorney fees and court costs. That worried me, but I figured if I had to pay it, it would be at $5.00 per month. Not gonna go into debt or get behind on bills just because of my ex's stupid attorney. Got all of the legal paperwork in the mail on Thursday, and, at the bottom, just above the judge's signature, was this sentence. "Each party will be responsible for their own fees and expenses related to this case." Which means, simply, that he has to pay his attorney, all court costs, and his airfare to come down here. I paid a total of $58 to file the answer. Any time I missed at work I made up by going in early and staying late. I may have lost my case, but I feel like a winner (not Charlie Sheen winning) in this matter.

And, I have reworked my budget, and I really don't need that money. This week will be rough because Tori needed money for her new apartment and now I am completely strapped until Friday. But, next week's budget is in the books, and Kat and I are getting set to tighten our belts a little and make it work. And the raise won't hurt. It will cover about half of what was lost in child support.

So I am doing better, with no hard feelings or bitterness. No more angst about money. Feeling a lot less stressed about life. Now to concentrate on getting Kat through high school. Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment