Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Boring, or Exciting?

So this is my last week at work. For now. I will probably go back around February? Maybe? Here's hoping. In the mean time, if I can earn about $200 per week on top of my unemployment, I should be able to cover the bills. And maybe gas and food. But, of course, a full time job would be much better. 


Now to share the blessings that have come my way recently. First, as you all know, my Jeep got fixed. Here's the kicker. A co-worker purchased the new radiator and cooling fan. Then, the spouse of a friend did the labor for free. My only expense was $36 for antifreeze (which mom paid). The Jeepers is back! Just in time for snow.


Blessing #2:  Yesterday when I got home from work, I had a package. Well, it's Christmas. Didn't recognize where it was from, but shook gently, and heard jingle bells. Inside were 4 very cute snowman ornaments, a tin of fudge (all mine), a tin of peanut brittle (probably also mine), a book, a card, and a special surprise. I won't tell details, but man, it was timely, needed, and very much appreciated. If you want to know more go to www.christmasjars.com. You can get more information there. Awesome thing, and who knows what I may do next year about this time. 


And, the big news of the week.....Tori comes home this weekend!!!!!!!! Geez, I have missed that little bundle of energy! And, she is coming home with A's in her classes and a job! At least one, with possibly another one in the works. I am so proud of her for being brave in being alone in a strange place, being persistent in her job hunt, and being an inspiration to everyone who knows her. She also bravely flew on a plane for the first time ever and survived! She had flown twice before, but both times with Sammee. So excited to see her, squeeze the stuffing out of her, and go to Co Ho for coffee and stories!


Lastly, I am blessed to have 3 amazing daughters who lean on me and let me lean on them when necessary. I am blessed with awesome parents who have my back at all times. I am blessed with wonderful friends and co-workers. And my church family is the biggest blessing a person could ask for.


So, even with the financial trials I have experienced over the past 2 months, my life is totally blessed, and guess who gets all the credit? Yep, you guessed it, God.


So, hug your family and be grateful for your job. I will be back soon.


Karen, I hope this was exciting enough. DMA, here is your post.

No comments:

Post a Comment