Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Week One

So week one of unemployment has proved to be the week that I am never home. Trips to Health and Welfare, Unemployment, taking Kat to school, picking her up, running Tori to work, etc., church, bowling, yada, yada, yada. Next week will probably be quieter.


My unemployment was approved, but I am disqualified from Food Stamps until January. Thank God for the FBC Food Pantry. I will actually utilize their generosity and food box of love. 


I have applied for a couple of jobs. I am looking for something to get me by until the jobsite reopens in mid February or so. I am not going to just sit around and wait for February. It's not in my nature. I love working and providing for my family regardless of what the wage is. I am a social person, and I make the best of whatever job I happen to have at the time.


In the summer of 2010 I was unemployed for 4 months. During that time, the temp agency kept me in small jobs almost continuously. And I did a number of things. I served at a graduation dinner at the University. I did concessions at the football stadium. I worked for an auction house part time for a few weeks updating the website. I sat outside an all day seminar doing registration, checking to make sure drinks were available, keeping the schedule flowing, etc. I even ran around the area changing out advertisements on top of gas pumps. I have never had someone I have worked for have an issue with attitude or anything. I think I am just so happy to be working that I have fun at whatever I am doing.


So here I am, positive and happy. And, it's time to go get Tori to take her to work. She won't drive until she gets her wallet from Kirk. She left it in his car in Boise. 


More updates later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment