Sunday, December 11, 2011

Merry Christmas Break!

I got my Christmas present yesterday. TORI IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!! I did have to drive  to Boise and pick her up. For those of you not from Idaho, Boise is about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive from Pocatello. I tried to leave so we would arrive in Boise at the same time, but I ended up waiting for an hour. I had a book, so it was okay. Met up with Tori and Kirk, loaded the car, grabbed mom more coffee (too much coffee yesterday), got in the car, went one exit over, met Kirk, got Tori's presents for her family, and hit the road. Ended up getting home around 9:30. Stopped at Fred Meyer to get Tori a phone charger (her's is in Portland), took her to her car, went home and rested my weary tushy. I am still sore, mostly down my left leg, but my left lower back has chronic problems, so it will ping and twinge for a couple of days. I'll be fine. 


So I have definitely ruled out long haul truck driver as a possible career change. Because that would be a perfect fit for me (sarcasm, sarcasm). Tomorrow will be a pretty full day for me for not having to work. Health and Welfare to apply for food stamps, Dept of Labor to check on my unemployment claim, gotta shut off the cable, stop off at the school district to sign Kat up for free lunch, take Tori to work, go watch Kat a bowling practice, pick up Tori from work. Gosh, I think I will put in a full day's work tomorrow. Oops, I forgot about taking Kat to school. That would be the first errand. I should probably allow an hour or so for job hunting. 


I do have some skills that are marketable in the here and now. So if you're in the Pocatello area and need some help with bookkeeping, payroll, or computer or network help, give me a holler. I have reasonable rates, and I am good at what I do.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment