Friday, December 9, 2011

It Will Get Better

So I am now unemployed. Temporarily. The thing is, I am not devastated, I am not stunned. I am okay. I am okay because of a few factors.


First, I work with an amazing group of people. I use the present tense because I will go back there and work with them again. All day I got hugs. As someone would leave for the last time, a hug. As I was getting ready to leave, more hugs. Big, strong, macho construction guys hugging me like an old friend. Not that I'm old. 


Second, they take care of me. I have had offers of making sure I have a full tank of gas. One coworker gave me a microwave and a box full of food and kitchen stuff. Also laundry soap and TP. Why? Because. This is the same person who paid for my radiator. Why? Because. One coworker gave me Christmas gifts for me and all 3 girls. I'm sure more will come my way. Why? Because construction workers take care of each other. 


Third, I have made an impression on these people. Both here in Pocatello, and at the home office in Longview, WA. The head of payroll said that if they start back up without me, she will have words with the President of the company. Who also likes me, by the way. 


So, I have no job for now. I am not sure how the bills will be paid. I hope that my unemployment claim will be approved and I will start receiving it soon. But, I know that God has my back. He won't let me and the girls starve, freeze, or be stranded. I have faith. 


On an up note, I get to drive to Boise tomorrow to pick up Tori. She is driving home with her boyfriend, Kirk, for Christmas break. But, Kirk is stopping to visit his mom in Boise for a few days. So Tori needs a ride to Poky. Since I am not worried about gas for Jeepers right now, I will drive the 4 hours to get her and come back home. I'm excited! And I actually don't think that I will have much time to talk on the way home, but the car will be full of chatter. 


So, in a nutshell, I am unemployed at Christmas time, Tori is coming home tomorrow, and life is good. And, God is good. The rest are just details. 


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment