Thursday, December 22, 2011

2011, The Year That I'd Like To Forget

I know, it's not New Year's yet, but I know what next week will be like, so here it goes.


My year was pretty uneventful until summer hit. First, the company I work for finished a major part of the construction project. So, the Project Manager I had been working under for almost a year went back to Washington, and a new person took his place. So I had just gotten used to one management style, and the new Project Manager was the total opposite. Then we moved trailers. Then, slowly, the customer started putting restrictions on who could drive where, who could park where, etc. Things got a lot more tense between my company and the customer. 


Then another Project Manager came onsite. Yep, you guessed it. Totally different management style. But, everyone had to juggle both styles at once. Two projects running simultaneously. 


In September, I took my baby girl to Portland and left her there to go to college. As you know from past posts, she loves the city, loves college, and finally got a job! And, she is home right now, so all is right with the world. i think it will be easier to send her back in 2 weeks. 


In October, I had to go to court about my Child Support order. I ended up losing the case, but it all worked out for good. Sammee and Tori have slowly started a relationship with their dad, stepmother, and brothers. Tori even went to Denver for Thanksgiving. My income went down, but we dealt with it.


In November, our project started completion, so all overtime was stopped. Income went down again. But we dealt with it. I wasn't sure if I could tighten my belt anymore, but I added some holes to the old belt and tightened away. 


This month, as you all know, I was temporarily laid off. I have freak out moments, but they are really not that often. Like I keep saying, God will take care of it. He's done it before, and He will do it again. 


Next week I get to earn some money. I will clean empty apartments in a student housing complex. Not glamorous work, but it will help pay the bills. What can I say, I like to work.


So that is my year. A little boring, some adventures, lots of trials, smiles, laughter, and tears. So here's to 2012. May it bring prosperity, joy, and success to all of my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment