Monday, November 21, 2011

Emotions!

So for some reason I have been emotional today. I started tearing up while driving on the jobsite. I was just driving. That's all. Well, I guess that's not all. I had just driven a co-worker to a meeting, and he told me he has a radiator for me, cheap. Now, here is the deal. He will buy it for me, and refuse repayment. These guys do this to me all the time. And, I think that another co-worker is paying for the repairs. Again, refusing repayment. Last year, a bunch of the guys got me new tires, and another paid for the installation. One of the general foremen gave me $100 to buy the girls stuff for Christmas, just because. Construction workers are some of the most generous, caring people I have ever met. And, they take care of everyone they work with.

It is also a holiday week. I always get a little emotional this time of year, but mainly because my family is so important to me. And, this is the first year all 3 girls will not be home for a major holiday. Tori couldn't make it home from Portland, especially since she will be home for Christmas in 2 weeks. So, she is off tomorrow for an adventure in Denver with her father. We will miss her, but I am so glad she has somewhere to go.

Kat is in the middle of finals for her first trimester. After tomorrow, she will no longer be a Pocatello Indian. On Monday she will be a Century Diamondback. I really hope this change is good for her. She seems to be taking school more seriously nowadays. That's a good thing.

Sammee is sick. Her throat is closed up, and she has no voice at all. She went to the doctor today (surprise), and they don't know what is wrong, but it is not strep or mono. Mom took her a care grocery bag of pudding, Jell-O, mashed potatoes, soup, and a bunch of other stuff that just slides down the gullet. I sure hope she is better by Thursday.

So these are my emotions, and welcome to them. I will be okay, grateful, and humbled by the love around me. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment