Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tourney, Day 2

So, Kat had day 2 of the Junior/Adult tournament. Both Mom and Dad came again. my dad just cracks me up. He and Kat verbally jab at each other constantly, but it is totally in love, and they giggle a lot while poking. Dad liked saying things like, "Nine? Nine? Why can't you knock down 10 pins at once?" And the response? "Shut up, grampa!" Giggle, giggle. They even made up a high five thingy. High five, low five, fist bump, fireworks. Silly family.

So on to the important stuff. Last night Kat didn't know anyone on her lane. This afternoon she got to bowl with her friend Tyler and his grandpa Gene. Gene is a friend of my parents, and Kat has been bowling with Tyler since she started bowling. made for a fun afternoon. And now for the scores. Kat: 138, 152, 146. Larry: 198, 255, and 256.

Kat has this new thing that has happened 3 times in the past 2 days. On the last frame of the last game she would pick up the spare, then throw a strike. She did this on the last game of league play, the last game last night, and the second game today. On the last frame of the last game today she struck out. Yes folks, that means 3 strikes in the 10th frame. And, my father said, "That's how we do it!" Kat's biggest fan.

So this is how I spend my weekends, folks. I love this part of my life. Watching my child so something that she loves and has a passion for is the end all, beat all of parenthood. All of my girls' passions thrill me, but Kat's is so different from Sammee and Tori's that it is more special.

So bring on the spares, strikes, and gutter balls! Saturdays are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment