Saturday, November 12, 2011

I Love Bowling Tournaments!

Just got home from Kat's first squad of the Junior/Adult Bowling Tournament. It was citywide, so we got to see a bunch of people that we only see at city tournaments. Of course, Kat's coach was there, but he bowled at the other end of the lanes. Kat had quite a fan club there. Me, her friends Cora, Ebony, and Jasmine, and Mom and Dad even came. She ended up on Lanes 1 and 2, which kind of tilt at Tough Guy Lanes.

Her partner, my co-worker Larry, was very nice and met the folks. They both bowled very well. Kat bowled 141, 138, and 151. Larry bowled 161, 203, and 202, I think. Kat's average is currently 132. So, not too shabby. They both had fun, and had the best scores on their lane.

Also, there was a little girl named Mazee who was in her first year bowling without bumpers. She beat her dad in at least one game, and did the cutest little dance when she picked up a spare. I love watching little kids bowl!

One more thing. My friend Holly's son, Jayden, who is in 6th grade, bowled a 189 game which included 5 strikes in a row. Can you say excited kid? And, his average is 128.

So, tomorrow we will be back for another squad at 1:00 pm. I will update the scores later tomorrow. I don't know if there are any actual awards like trophies or medals or anything, but it is quite fun to do.

Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment