Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

So I survived a very short, but very full week at work. Payday is on Thursday, but this week, guess what? Thursday is a holiday! So, I had to have all time in to payroll by last Friday, audit of hours on Monday, and sort paychecks today. Plus, we had 13 lay offs today. The job is starting to wind down, so almost every week we have to lay off some workers. I hate that part. I don't actually have to give the guys their final checks, but I know these guys. They are all fun people, and the atmosphere changes when people leave.

So now my little list of what I am thankful for.

I am thankful to still have a job. I don't know for how long, but right now I live in the here and now.

I am thankful for a dependable car. Not my car, Tori's car. But, I don't need a new radiator. My cooling fan motor is dead. That's all. So thankful for minor repairs.

I am thankful that Tori is developing a relationship with her father. She is in Denver for Thanksgiving, and from the Facebook posts, she is having fun.

I am also thankful that Tori will be home in 2 weeks for Christmas. I have missed having her around and hearing her say, "Hey, mommy guess what?" in her high pitched squeaky fast voice.

I am thankful for my family. Mom, Dad, Jenn, Sammee, Tori, and Kat. Family is everything to me. I put my personal life on hold for my girls, and could not be more happy with my decision.

I am thankful for my friends. Most are acquaintances, but there are a few like Brittney and Bobi who almost know more about me than my mom.

I am also thankful for my Facebook friends. Friends from high school, college, even some celebrities. And of course family. People knock Facebook and Social Networks, but it keeps me connected to people who were a big part of my life.

I am thankful for my church family. They have helped me raise my kids, they keep me grounded, and are willing to "Gibbs" me (if you watch NCIS you will understand) in love when necessary.

And finally, I am thankful to God. Without him I am nothing, my children are nothing, life is nothing. He gets me through each day. I have had so many times when I was unemployed and I didn't know if I could pay the bills or feed the girls and the money showed up. If God was not the main part of my life, I don't know what may have happened to us.

I think that's enough for now. Continued prayers are appreciated as always. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment