Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Not So Weekly Update

So once again I am a blog slacker. Last weekend ended up being full of phone calls and updates from Tori regarding her grandparents' visit to Portland. Then my standard week happened. 10 hour work days, homework with Kat at night, and bowling on Saturday. Which leads us back to Sunday. Oh yeah, that's today. Today was laundry. That's about it.

So here is the latest Wortham news. Kat is doing a Junior/Adult tournament next weekend here in Poky. She really wanted me to bowl with her, but that would have been very bad. One of my co-workers, Larry, bowls on at least 3 leagues here in town, and jumped at the chance to bowl with Kat. This should be a lot of fun. They bowl at 5 pm on Saturday and 1 pm on Sunday.

Tori is definitely going to Denver for Thanksgiving. I am very excited for her on this journey. First, she has only flown twice, and both times with Sammee. I should write a note for the person who sits next to her, telling them that she is a nervous person, but is very sweet and might just need her hand held. Just kidding, she will be fine. And, she will get to see her Aunt CoCo while she is there, and maybe even her Granny Byrd. It was very generous of her dad and his wife to extend this invitation. I can hardly wait to hear the adventures.

Speaking of Tori, she will be coming home one month from Tuesday! YAY! Pocatello sure has been quieter and less random without her. No one else has random dance parties in the frozen food section of Fred Meyer. I may have to force her to hold a dance party or maybe even organize a flash mob while she's home. and, she will be home for a whole month!

And, my jobsite is probably closing down completely the week between Christmas and New Year's. Less money in my pocket, but more time with my girls and parents. WOOT!

So that is my sorta weekly update. I will post more after Kat's tourney next weekend. The way she bowls and her passion for the sport, who knows, maybe she will go pro and be the child who takes care of her mom in her old age. Hah!

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are extremely lucky to have such a good mom. I'm glad her dad will get to enjoy the child that you raised; and hopefully Tori will have a great time. I am very impressed with your handling of the situation.

    Can't wait to hear about Kats tourny!!

    ReplyDelete