Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Quick Note

So my long holiday weekend is almost over. Here are the things that I have learned.


1. If you let a child go do what their heart tells them to, it's okay. Tori's visit with her dad and step mother went very well. They had fun, went shopping, and even saw the Broadway National Tour of Lion King. She had bonding time, and got to know another part of her relatives that she hasn't seen since she was 3. I think she is a more complete person from this experience.


2. The mom must always forgive and let sleeping dogs lie. At first I had a hard time with the whole "Tori is going to Denver" thing. I worry too much. Not about standard stuff. I worried that it would be awkward, that there would be hard feelings. Totally not true. Then I was okay with the whole trip. I think I would have been more worried if Tori would have stayed in Portland for Thanksgiving. I hate for her to be lonely and away from family.


3. What am I really thankful for? At the core, I am thankful when my girls are happy and having fun. My girls are the essence of my being. I spent 15 years alone, trying to raise them the best that I could. I think I did an okay job. 


4. True friends are there regardless of what the ups and downs are in life. I have had a couple of friends who have listened to my weird ramblings and smacked up along side the back of the head (Gibbs style), and reminded me of exactly what I have. Love that!


So that's about it. Who knew that the first year that one of the girls couldn't be home for a holiday would cause me to learn so much about myself. I am strong, I am happy, my kids love me, and my family (see definition in last post) is ALWAYS there for me! 


A very Happy Holiday season to you and yours! Whoever reads this post! Friends, family, acquaintances, former friends, and people I don't even know! Everyone deserves a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment